United States, Stamford, CT, Beauty Care
Senior Scientist - Body Care Formulation
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The role of the Senior Scientist is to develop new Beauty Care products, to ensure they meet performance criteria and to collaborate with a cross-functional team to bring these products to market
- The Senior Scientist should consistently lead key tasks to completion by conducting well-designed experiments, thoroughly understand product development and business processes, regulatory requirements, and test methods required to deliver a quality product, and conduct laboratory experiments
- Identifies and assesses technical business opportunities and/or problems and provides recommendations to management for solutions to these problems, and makes independent decisions with limited direction
- Work with a cross-functional team to bring new products to market
- Develop new methodologies and tests designed to solve specific problems. Interprets results and provides recommendations
- Develop, recommend, and execute solid R&D approaches to support key product initiatives and business strategy
- Conducts own laboratory experiments. May also supervise work of laboratory technicians or more junior level scientists
- Maintains documentation of lab results, conclusions, and next steps
- Create technical reports; effectively presents experimental data and results; consults with external resources
- BS with 5+ years of relevant experience; MS / PhD with 0-5+ years of relevant experience
- Formulation experience, working safely within a lab is setting is highly preferred
- Strong problem solving skills and positive attitude
- Strong communication and analytical skills. Quick learner
- Strong agility in learning new computer systems
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.