United States, Stamford, CT, Human Resources
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Stamford, CT is the preferred location but open to hybrid / remote work arrangement for the right candidate.
- The Compensation Manager is responsible for all compensation programs across Henkel North America Business Units
- Partnering with various Business Heads and HR Business Partners to understand their needs, the Compensation Manager ensures that compensation programs are current, competitive and compliant with legal requirements
- Responsibility for driving the organization, and communication, of annual Compensation Cycle (Salary and Incentive plans), including the preparation and updating of all Compensation Cycles and supporting the Director of Compensation and Regional Head of Compensation on training
- Conduct job evaluations (MC Levelling) for all North American BU’s and participate in large-scale job evaluations related to acquisition integrations
- Ensure individual job levels and compensation offers are fair, competitive, within guidelines and in compliance with legal requirements
- Partner with and support HR Business Partners across all BUs in developing competitive compensation offers and pay strategies on an ad hoc basis
- Provide advice and support to HRBP on salary bands, policy interpretations, job evaluations, job leveling and career ladder design
- Complete yearly compensation benchmarking for 20+ sites for Hourly & Salary Non-Exempt populations.; lead compensation benchmarking projects based on business need (Graduate/PhD, Intern, Engineering, etc.)
- Performs statistical/data analysis (inclusive of data modeling) that helps drive BU leader decision making related to various HR & Compensation Related topics
- Bachelors Degree required with 5-7+ years of experience within Compensation field
- Excellent interpersonal skills; clear ability to communicate transparently and across many HR functions (talent management, benefits, payroll, HRIS, and 40+ HRBPS)
- Understanding of HAY evaluations is highly preferred
- This individual must possess judgement & decision making skills that factor in business needs, external and internal data resources as well as the financial health of the company
- Capability to bring innovation to processes and programs that lead to productivity improvements
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.