United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Materials Handler - 1st Shift
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Performs SAP functions/processes related to shipping, receiving and warehousing.
- Process receipt of incoming materials/supplies/other, stocking material to correct bin and storage location
- Provide samples of incoming raw material to Quality as applicable
- Performs down packing and the kitting of material to alternate containers in compliance with all regulatory and safety requirements
- Loads, unloads, and stages material within the warehouse utilizing hand trucks, power forklifts, power hoists, or other material handling equipment.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks utilizing hand trucks, power forklifts, power hoists, or other material handling equipment.
- Performs daily check of material handling equipment (forklift) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
- Pulls, issues and delivers materials/supplies to locations throughout the plant as applicable
- Picks, packs, and labels shipment delivery orders to meet customer delivery commitments.
- Packages, labels, and prepares documentation for the safe shipment/storage/handling of hazardous materials.
- Performs daily cycle count inventory for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses. Participate in physical inventory annually or other frequency as required by the business.
- Report and ensure correction of raw material stock exceptions
- Respond to inquiries of other departments for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the status of deliveries, inventory, and other warehouse activities as applicable.
- Maintains documents, files, metrics and records for the purpose of documenting activities and continuous improvements.
- Cleans, organizes, and ensures 5S standards are maintained in the warehouse assuring a safe and sanitary work area.
- Other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum two years related forklift experience in manufacturing warehouse environment.
- Follow both written and verbal instructions and company policies regarding safe handling of hazardous chemicals, write legibly
- Must be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- Work with others in a respectful manner and as a member of the team, to achieve all goals set forth in the department
- Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other shifts on occasion
- Prefer experience in the certification and preparation of dangerous goods documentation for domestic & international transport in all modes.
- Experience in Warehouse Management systems (e.g. LOGOS, bar-coding, RF scanners, and labeling systems)
- Ability to manage disparate responsibilities within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong commitment to safety systems and OSHA required standards
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.