United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Business Development Manager - Automotive
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Business Development Manager is a key technical/solution selling role that is responsible for growing and developing new business with Henkel's current OEM automotive customers as well as identifying opportunities to engage with new customers in the industry.
- Along with the sales and marketing teams, develop outstanding relationships with customers to foster partnerships that ensure mutual performance and growth, achieving new levels of top & bottom-line revenue contribution.
- Lead a team of at least one Program Manager to and ensure delivery of program timelines, open issues matrixes, and financials. Guide customer communication, internal cross-functional program teams, and launch teams to execute flawless program launches.
- Thoroughly understand the dynamics, trends, competitive environment, and key factors for success in product offerings, operations and services, and transfer this understanding into a clear strategy and tactical plan.
- Gather customer needs & insights for new product ideas as input for regional/global roadmaps.
- Work closely with internal and external Key Account Management, Manufacturing, Operations, Design and Sales Teams as well as Global Market Strategy Managers and Global SBU team on all aspects of the business.
- Contributes to or leads special projects (e.g., strategic global/regional projects, The Mobility Alliance, white papers).
- Bachelor's degree in management, engineering, or other technical background is required.
- 5+ years of successful industrial sales experience, selling into manufacturing organizations is required.
- Project Management skills in a customer organization is desired.
- Technical design knowledge beneficial.
- Ability to travel as needed to provide service to customers (Less than 10% overnight travel).
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.