United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Packaging Supervisor - 3rd Shift
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Ensure all company safety rules and procedures are followed; correct PPE and gowning for the area are worn and 5S standard work is followed.
- Must supervise one or more production lines – will assign Line Coordinators, Production Techs and Material handlers to appropriate lines.
- Ensure a clean, safe work environment is provided at all times.
- Monitor quality control procedures to insure all standards are met, insuring overall quality of product produced.
- Review Kronos daily to promote and ensure proper tracking of line efficiency, labor efficiency and production units.
- Promote line efficiency and material efficiency through good teamwork skills, effective communication and supervision of assigned employees.
- Ensure accurate completion of Solar Soft downtime tagging and general data entry.
- Conduct meetings with team to discuss any line performance, production attainment or general plant communication.
- Ensure inventory accuracy of materials incoming and outgoing.
- Complete daily production reports, analyze quality/ production problems, close out shop orders and reconcile inventory against shop order, receipts, bulk, returns, scrap, and output. In addition to providing answers for variances exceeding targets.
- Ensure employees are following policies and correct or document as required.
- Complete employee appraisal process by providing specific feedback on performance and opportunities.
- Responsible for making sure that all employees are properly trained.
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned.
***3rd shift: Sunday night through Thursday night: 10:30pm to 6:30am. Role will require some weekend work when required and sometimes with short notice***
- Associate Degree preferred; high school graduate/equivalent with 3 – 5 years manufacturing/packaging experience, or equivalent required.
- Zotos demonstrated functional knowledge will also be considered.
- Must exhibit the skill to organize and prioritize work.
- Should possess excellent communication skills both orally and in writing with employees and management.
- Required to be able to multi-task.
- Microsoft Office experience a must.
- Will work in Kronos, Mapics, HighJump and other programs required in the department.
- ***3rd shift: Sunday night through Thursday night: 10:30pm to 6:30am. Role will require some weekend work when required and sometimes with short notice***
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.