United States, Cleveland, OH, Adhesive Technologies
Maintenance Mechanic Grade III - 1st Shift
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Competitive hourly rates plus bonus potential
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance that start on day 1
Paid vacation and holidays
Employee discount and referral programs
- Execute corrective and preventative work orders as assigned or as date and priority dictate and skill set allows.
- Participate in researching parts to ensure minimal downtime of manufacturing equipment.
- Make proper inventory adjustments when pulling machinery parts from inventory using the Maintenance Parts Inventory Control System and bring any inventory discrepancies to the attention of the Maintenance Coach.
- Participate in TPM, 5S, SMED and other Lean initiatives as assigned by the Maintenance Coach.
- Operates shop machinery (drill press, band saw, arbor press, bench grinder, milling machine, lathe, and welders) in the execution of work orders.
- Familiarity with PLC programming and control systems and equipment
- Operates material handling equipment (pallet jack, sit down fork truck, sky jack, and golf cart) in the execution of work orders.
- The Maintenance Mechanic Grade III possesses mechanical and electrical skills, which allow them to install, maintain, troubleshoot setup and repair all manufacturing, distribution and facility equipment.
- The Maintenance Mechanic Grade III will be proactive at identifying machine deficiencies (including PLC programming and control systems and equipment) and capable of planning, designing and implementing machine improvements with little or no direct supervision and attend to duties in a self-directed manner.
- The Maintenance Mechanic Grade III interacts with all members of the Maintenance Department, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Coaches, Team leads, Machine Operators, Facilities Management, and outside vendors/suppliers and in the execution of his duties.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.