United States, Seabrook, NH, Adhesive Technologies
2nd Shift Supervisor
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Ensure compliance with facility, state, and federal policies and procedures to include: - Hiring and dismissal - Disciplinary actions - Performance appraisals - Training and personnel development - Attendance - Applicable OSHA General Industry Regulations
- Ensure compliance with all facility SHE policies and procedures.
- Ensure conformance and support with facility quality management system and facility and department strategic goals.
- Review and plan for production requirements based on schedule from planning and monitor progress toward schedule completion. Coordinates the daily work assignments and activities for all manufacturing department personnel with applicable shift(s). Designates personnel to carry out specific assignments and accommodates priority changes through adjustments in job duties and/or staffing keeping in mind the departmental goals.
- Monitors progress toward task completion, coordinates departmental activities to maximize up time and minimize down time, assures rapid product changeovers and communicates status to Planning and Production Manager.
- Responsible to assist with new product scale up and segments of the commercialization process regarding product routes, MI's, SOP's, etc. Interface with Engineering, Maintenance, PD, SHE and others during the installation of new manufacturing equipment and processes to assure the highest possible efficiency and safety is realized.
- Involved with JSA's, SOP's, MOC's and operator training documentation for new or revised documentation.
- Maintain 5S, Visual Factory, and lean manufacturing techniques, value stream mapping, and be assigned to attend team meetings designed to reduce cycle time, remove waste and non-value added activities, and reduce costs.
- Monitor work center and/or personnel productivity and initiate corrective actions or improvement projects as required.
- Maintain departmental training program including employee certification records. Create and maintain manufacturing instructions, packaging instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Oversee department maintenance request to assure timely and effective completion to meet equipment/facility integrity.
- Ensure timely completion of required actions for the CCMS (Customer Complaint Management System) process. Coordinate internal corrective actions and department communication through toolbox talk meetings
- High School Degree/GED required
- Passing of standardized cognitive company test(s) PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- 3 to 5 years experience in a leadership role associated with chemical production
- Exhibits leadership skills and knowledgeable of manufacturing system product flow and recordkeeping
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Computer experience essential
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.