United States, Rancho Dominguez, CA, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Lead the day-to-day operation of Quality processes (including Quality Assurance, and Quality Control) at the Rancho Dominguez facility. Define and promote a quality mindset across an entire site. Managing all quality functions, working with cross-departmental leadership to deliver high quality products on schedule. Establish and maintain a quality system to ensure the facilities, equipment, personnel, methods, processes, and procedures conform to both internal and regulatory standards.
- Promote quality culture and behavior throughout the organization.
- Lead a team of quality professionals in the sites.
- Ensure high quality and data driven communication with internal (operations, sales, etc.) and external (customers) parties.
- Assure quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards for testing products.
- Execute key Henkel Global and Local Integrated Management Systems (Customer Complaint Management [CCMS], Supplier Complaint Management [SCMS], Non-Conforming Materials Management [NCMR], Internal and External Audits Management [A&R]).
- Establishes finished goods, intermediate products and raw material quality and reliability standards by understanding and complying with customer specifications/requirements/contracts and ensuring other members of the organization comply as well.
- Lead a team to ensure in-process product inspection standards.
- Lead a team to maintain product quality documentation system.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures to international standards (i.e. ISO9100, TS16949, etc.) requirements.
- Prepare product and process quality KPI’s by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Drive improvement in quality KPIs and review KPI performance with regional team
- Develop quality assurance and control staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training and coaching employees.
- Ensures quality by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Quality leader for top customer communication. Expected to take a leadership role in high profile or Critical customer complaints, globally, for products developed or produced at Bay Point.
- Use technical and management skills to drive problem solving with cross functional teams.
- Identify and drive quality initiatives, drive year over year improvement in quality KPIs, identify and resolve systemic issues across the Bay Point site
- Drive culture of continuous improvement toward best-in-class processes. Lead cross functional teams to achieve new levels of performance in our development and operational processes
- Align Henkel’s programs and policies with steering unit customer base.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or equivalent engineering
- 3+ years of demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills
- 5+ years of quality work experience
- Experience in the aerospace/automotive/electronics industry
- Excellent relationship building, communication, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills using specific methods
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Six-sigma experience (“greenbelt” or higher)
- Quality certification (i.e. CQE, CMQ/OE, and/or CSSBB)
- Thorough understanding of quality standards TS16949
- Foundation in A3 and 8D problem solving, APQP, metrology, SPC, and MSA
- Demonstrated work experience in the quality function of a specialty chemical material supplier, specific experience in aerospace industry
- Good working knowledge of probability and statistical models
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.