Germany, Düsseldorf, Adhesive Technologies
Senior Manager Sustainability Adhesive Technologies (d/f/m)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- We are looking for an experienced senior manager that contributes to shaping Adhesive Technologies’ strategy for sustainability, capitalize on opportunities arising from sustainability trends and market demands - with special focus on strategy development, portfolio transformation and industry affairs.
- You contribute to developing the Adhesive Technologies’ 2030 sustainability ambition addressing relevant market trends across all business units, reflecting global frameworks like Science Based Targets, focusing on key themes along the value chain as well as taking into account emerging regulatory requirements.
- You drive our portfolio transformation towards an impactful sustainable solution portfolio that will set new standards in our industries through differentiated, market specific solutions that contribute to a sustainable development across industries. You will contribute to advancing a methodological framework to assess our portfolio’s contribution to sustainability in the light of market needs and future regulation, e.g. EU Taxonomy.
- You provide expertise on sustainability related topics like CO2 emission savings and dematerialization as well as circular economy addressing the entire value chain, contributing to upskilling the entire organization and position Adhesive Technologies as leader in the market.
- You assess regulatory developments and help translate them into opportunities and risk mitigation measures, you represent Henkel externally in associations and collaborate closely with our Public and Governmental Affairs experts.
- You represent Henkel externally at conferences, at customers, as well as in internal bodies - to improve our sustainability expertise, performance and reputation.
- Master’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, Economics, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of work experience, thereof ideally 2+ years in a leading consulting firm or international corporate environment
- Proven track record in managing complex projects in multi-stakeholder environments, ideally with a strong focus on sustainability related projects
- Expertise in strategy development and strategy implementation
- Preferably experience in B2B chemical industry
- Excellent stakeholder management, presentation and communication skills
- Ideally professional experiences in dealing with Industry Affairs, global frameworks like Science Based Targets (SBTs), the EU Taxonomy or similar
- Fluent English language skills
- We are looking for an individual who is both strategic and analytical, with strong project management skills and a passion to drive change and challenge the status quo