United States, Irvine, CA, Adhesive Technologies
Key Account Manager Aerospace Defense
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Defines and executes global / regional / local account strategy, including annual revenue plan (KP) and target plan (TP)
- Identifies business opportunities, steers business development budgets for agreed accounts and defined objectives (A, B)
- Translates customer’s strategy and priorities into a joint innovation roadmap
- Drives and rolls-out customer approvals and pushes upstream solution selling (A, L)
- Develops and maintains sustainable and long-term relationships with key accounts, key executives and sponsors
- Implements new customer acquisition plans for chain and prestige accounts (B)
- Defines account-specific pricing, negotiates contracts, ensures fulfillment of commitments and implementation of commercial policy (A, B)
- Optimizes sales processes in country and leads junior KAMs
- Develops and maintains strong executive and cross-functional relationships at HQ and key locations
- Steers and supports internal resources to execute account strategy
- Delivers account targets KP/TP OSG and PC
- Analyzes financial KPIs and proactively steers key account business
- Is responsible for timely and accurate admin. tasks supporting account strategy incl. sales forecast updates, monthly reports, etc.
- 10+ years of Account Management, Program Management, or Technical Service experience
- BS or business degree required - MBA preferred
- Experience with Aerospace distribution
- Experience with structural adhesives, composite materials, and specialty chemical surface treatment.
- Experience with Aviation/Aerospace Industry materials processing, part manufacturing and product and process qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential – must have excellent customer interaction and communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Project management skills are essential.
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- The ability to work autonomously on multiple projects is essential.
- Computer skills are essential. Including business typing skills, strong literacy in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point, sales management software, and Lotus Notes.
- Experience in Assembly Adhesives, Defense Electronic adhesives, surface treatments, adhesives and /or experience with chemical manufacturing processes is desirable.
- Experience with Aerospace approval process, Advanced Product Development, and New Produce Development processes and working channel partners.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.