United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Maintenance Technician - 1st/2nd
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Instrument calibrations to include adjustment, disassembling, and the repair of equipment such as flowmeters, motors, variable drives, pumps, and level.
- Install parts following schematics or operation manual.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks and demand maintenance as required, install parts following schematics or operation manual.
- Perform maintenance on Boiler systems, blowdown and repair.
- Repair hydraulic components of machines and equipment
- Follow blueprints, sketches, job requests, code books, or operation manuals.
- Test operating equipment to verify proper function.
- Troubleshoot equipment and verify root cause by observation, measurement, and operational tests.
- Assemble and install equipment according to blueprints or manuals.
- Machining as required for fabrication and repair of equipment.
- Steam system tracing for plumbing installation and repair.
- Completes work permits to include tool permits, hot work permits, confined space entry permits, excavation permits, and other permits as required.
- Work in compliance with all Safety, Health, and Environmental rules, procedures, and regulations
- Working knowledge of 5S principles.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of five years’ chemical plant maintenance experience or manufacturing plant experience in a PSM facility.
- Prefer associate degree: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, industrial maintenance
- Prefer LEAN manufacturing experience to include 5S
- Ability to safely work in electrically rated areas according to NFP-70E.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Maintenance Management Software, Lotus Notes, and technical software including AutoCad.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a respectful manner and as a member of the team, working with all to achieve all goals set forth in the department.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated team member and able to follow through on responsibilities and complete tasks as assigned and within expected time frames.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other shifts on occasion
- Stand continuously and stoop and walk frequently during the shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs and up to 25 lbs on a frequent basis during a shift
- Climb and descend ladders and stairs on a frequent basis during a shift
- Wear a respirator as required and perform confined space
- Routinely sit, view a computer screen, and type on a keyboard
- Work in non-climate-controlled work area
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.