United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Sr. Product Development Research Chemist
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Researches and develops groundbreaking technologies Identifies opportunities for new technology, products or performance improvements
- Leads one or multiple R&D projects critical to business
- Actively makes specialized knowledge available to the organization
- Acts as an ambassador for the scientific community of Henkel Adhesive Technologies both internally and externally Identifies and engages valuable external partners
- Acts as responsible for new research, IP, publications, technology roadmap
- Secures IP position in own area of development
- Steers and facilitates knowledge sharing and supports project teams in solving problems
- Acts as an advisor for management and steering committees
- Contributes actively in scientific publications and forums with papers and presentations
- Support Salisbury Resin Manufacture:
- Manufacturing support and process troubleshooting.
- Laboratory, pilot plant, and full-scale organic resin synthesis.
- Process audits.
- Management of change and raw material replacements.
- Cost reduction and quality improvement
- Research and Development:
- Development of new and modified organic resins.
- Evaluate the transfer of new analytical methods to QC.
- Scale up of new and transferred products.
- Sample generation for testing and qualification.
- Be well versed in Henkel product technologies on processing & equipment.
- Lead effort to clarify manufacturing instructions to ensure repeatable operations.
- Set up manufacturing processes with input from process chemists/engineers, maintenance, production, etc.
- Ensure quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met.
- Fullest support on safety initiatives and laboratory 5S.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years experience with organic resin synthesis.
- Strong understanding of analytical methods/techniques.
- Six Sigma green belt preferred, skilled with design of experiments.
- Competent in project management, possessing the ability of starting a project and driving it through to completion
- Well versed with FMEAs and creation of manufacturing instructions.
- Skilled with statistical tools (SPC, SQC, trend charts, Anova, etc.).
- Experience with process hazard analysis is a plus.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.