United States, Oak Creek, WI, Adhesive Technologies
Quality Control Supervisor-sign on bonus $2500
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
This position offers relocation assistance plus a sign on bonus $2500, Benefits on Day One, 120 vacation hours and many more perks.
- Ensures that group associates are trained and are performing inspection functions as detailed, per the approved, current work instructions.
- Supervises QC Technicians
- Monitor product quality by audit of daily analytical results from all shifts.
- Coordinates, assigns priorities to and supervises day to day lab activities, communicating status to management.
- Ensures that lab supplies and PPE are available when needed.
- Maintains equipment and supplies through preventative maintenance programs, service contracts and order supplies.
- Coordinate equipment calibrations and verifications, maintains calibration records, and performs impact assessment as necessary.
- Implements testing criteria and reviews test methods and work instructions periodically.
- Insures NCMR reports are initiated for rejected batches
- Relay lab results to appropriate personnel.
- Troubleshoots lab equipment, plant technical or logistics issues.
- Performs lab tests by assisting tech on duty or covers if tech is absent.
- Maintaining a safe environment in labs and plant.
- Assists in development of continuous improvement procedures.
- Assists with Customer Complaints for the Oak Creek Facility
- Management of rejects and blocked stock dispositions.
- Assists in internal audits.
- Conducts performance reviews of QC Technicians, coaching discussions, and initiates disciplinary action if needed.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Team (QIT) meetings.
- Maintains training requirements and records for all technicians
- Perform statistical analysis on problem products/Rejected batches when necessary
- Ability to perform analytical analysis (i.e. GC/MS, TGA, DMA, IR) when necessary.
- Performs various other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in science discipline preferred
- 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- Adhesives or sealant and coatings knowledge or related experience.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO/QS standards.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- SAP literacy preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data analysis software (Minitab) preferred
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.