Germany, Düsseldorf, Adhesive Technologies
FEA Engineer (d/f/m)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Active contribution to the Modeling and Engineering Team: within one of our global R&D platforms, a modeling and engineering team is responsible for the development and application of modeling methods for polymers, including various types of adhesives but also barrier films, conductive inks and fiber reinforced plastics. We develop, implement, validate and apply modeling strategies to numerically predict material behavior and application performance. From these insights we draw conclusions for further material development and optimal applications and solutions.
- Development, application and deployment of modeling methods in the area of polymers (finite elements, kinetic modelling, rheology modelling etc.)
- Analyze complex applications and processes and develop, implement and validate modeling strategies to numerically predict material behavior and application performance
- Conduct Finite Element Analysis simulations
- 10 – 15% travel to customers in support of specific projects and applications is required
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering / Material Science Engineering / Physics / Civil Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience in numerical methods in mechanics
- Experience in the characterization and modeling of polymeric materials, in particular adhesives
- Experience in mechanical test procedures and the design and conduction of tests for material characterization and model validation
- Experience in concepts and tools used in industrial engineering environments for FEA analysis and the corresponding pre- and post-processing packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English language skills