Account Manager Functional Coatings - Ontario
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Henkel Corporation is seeking Functional Coatings Sales Specialist to sell Surface Treatments directly to industrial OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing) markets.
- This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the relationship between Henkel and specified OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing) accounts.
- The territory will be centered in greater Toronto, Ontario area.
- The ideal candidate will possess value added selling experience as well as a successful track record working with design, manufacturing and quality engineering teams.
- Manage an existing customer base in excess of $3.9MM.
- Grow sales at select OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing) accounts within the territory.
- Focus technologies include surface treatment chemicals.
- Develop relationships with all levels of the designated OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing) account infrastructure.
- Gain specific knowledge of all aspects of the customer's business (e.g. business objectives, strategies, product development plan, applications, service expectations).
- Define and prepare sales proposals and maximize volume and revenue in assigned key accounts by utilizing value added selling methods.
- Prospect for new business.
- Demonstrate a consistent flow of highly qualified new application opportunities
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a technical or business field.
- Should have a mechanical aptitude.
- A Strong understanding of managing sales projects from start to close.
- 3-5 years industrial sales experience required; surface treatment industry is preferred.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and pricing agreements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations in front of customer groups.
- Travel up to 40%
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.