United States, Rocky Hill, CT, Adhesive Technologies
Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs Specialist
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by proactively monitoring, interpreting, implementing, and conveying global and regional regulations that impact products and business strategies in North America
- Provide our business partners with guidance that enables the development of safe, compliant, and innovative product formulations with focus on sustainability
- Support customer inquiries on product safety and compliance and ensure clear communication on safe use and handling of products
- Review product composition updates and prepare Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and label warning statements in compliance with applicable North American regulations
- Gain knowledge of product chemistry and associated hazards, risk mitigation, end-use applications, and markets
- Support the maintenance and development of product safety and regulatory compliance policies and procedures for the Henkel Adhesive business in North America
- Collaborate with Henkel PSRA team members globally to share best practices and new solutions to product safety and regulatory compliance issues
- Support advocacy efforts by actively engaging with industry trade groups, regulatory associations, and government agencies to inform and shape new and proposed regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational / Environmental Health, Chemistry, Biology, or other relevant scientific discipline
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in the chemical industry
- Familiarity with North American industrial and consumer federal and state regulations impacting chemical products (hazard communication standards, control of toxic substances, consumer product safety, etc)
- Familiarity with North American food safety regulations as it relates to food packaging adhesives/coatings is desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation preparation, organization, and delivery skills
- Ability to work independently and within a variety of cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SAP EHS is desired
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.