Germany, Hamburg, Beauty Care
Manager Business Development Sexy Hair & PRAVANA EMEA (d/f/m)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Henkel Beauty Care Professional is one of the major players in the professional haircare industry with a high diversity of brands. High performance hair care brands used by professional stylists have become more and more popular with consumers and demand is going up year by year. Henkel is for those who step up. Do you? In BCP, Henkel has a passionate team of people working in a business expansion unit that focuses on the sale, development and distribution of its brands from the Americas in the EMEA region.
In order to roll-out and develop our business for Sexy Hair and PRAVANA we are in need of an experienced Business Development Manager to find, select, onboard new distributors and manage our existing distribution network in this region for the brands Sexy Hair and PRAVANA to drive sales and increase market share.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven distributor management track record, ideally in the professional hair care or beauty industry who is already well connected and eager to grow new high potential brands and is willing to travel at least 50% of their time.
The candidate is a commercial talent, passionate, self-driven, can work in team but also independently, is strategic and also hands-on. The Business Development Manager reports into the Commercial Manager Sexy Hair & PRAVANA of the Business Expansion Unit.
Regular place of work will be Hamburg, Germany.
- Manage and expand the distributor network of Sexy Hair and PRAVANA throughout the EMEA region by selecting, defining, managing, and calibrating distributors. Monitor DT landscape in countries of responsibility
- Provide – together with the Marketing and Education responsible – distributor specific programs needed to assist and grow the market with the distributor principals and their team
- Achievement of quantitative and qualitative Brand and Market defined objectives and targets, by Distributor (NES, L6 per customer, profitability, forecasting accuracy, market share within the portfolio)
- Implementation of annual plans by brand (covering sales, marketing and education) for the specific distributors and their markets
- Motivate, inform and educate distributor and its staff on new product introductions and/or promotional activities with assistance of the brand teams
- Manage distributor order flows with Supply Chain team, payments and forecasting
- Report on sell-ins, sell-outs and effectiveness of market strategies
- Responsible to provide monthly internal and external management reports and reviews on customer and territory progress against defined goals and business metrics
- Monitors general developments in respective local markets including upcoming fashion trends, new product developments, competitive activities, potential trademark infringements or challenges for Sexy Hair / Pravana TM and diversion issues
- Frequent in-country / salon visits with distributor sales teams to provide advice / training on the job
- University degree in commercial economics or sales
- A minimum of 5 years of international experience in a B2B environment, preferably in the professional hair care industry or a related industry such as cosmetics or fashion
- Willingness to travel 50% + of your time
- An enthusiastic personality, an energetic attitude, a good sense of humor and a positive mindset
- Strong relationship builder, negotiation, excellent communication, presentation and project management skills
- Well-developed analytical and pragmatic skills
- Result oriented and problem-solving, pro-active, resilient and adaptable, independent work style with entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- Ability to work in multi-functional/cultural teams, active listening, empathy and good social skills
- Experience with Digital & Social Media platforms
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High fluency in English, additional language skills are beneficial