United States, West Hazleton, PA, Laundry & Home Care
Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Manager
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Design and implement effective SHE programs in alignment with business objectives and maintain compliance with all Henkel, federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Facilitate the development and reinforcement of behaviors and attitudes that contribute to a culture of employee engagement and support the goals of Henkel's SHE programs
- Investigate occupational injuries/incidents using participative root cause analysis techniques and develop appropriate responses to prevent recurrence
- Maintain and administer all aspects of the Workers Compensation program
- Design, develop and administer SHE training for all employees including new hire safety orientation programs
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete records and documentation per Corporate and site SHE requirements
- Achieve full compliance with regulatory and Henkel SHE standards by directly supporting facility staff with policies, procedures, work instructions and training
- Complete and submit all regulatory and Henkel required paperwork including, but not limited to, permits and monthly KPI reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Business Administration, Environmental Science or other related discipline; ASP/CSP certification also preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience with SHE management functions in manufacturing, preferably within Consumer Products industry
- Working knowledge of federal and state SHE regulatory requirements, risk management, behavior-based safety, training and auditing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize multiple activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.