United States, St. Louis, MO, Laundry & Home Care
Electrical Systems Control Technician
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Electrical Controls Technician provides leadership, direction and support to crew members to optimize planning, scheduling and completion of electrical activities and project execution for the purposes of improving operations reliability results. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate expertise in Allen Bradley PLC Systems, Electrical and Instrumentation Systems and assist the plant electrical engineer in troubleshooting/improvement efforts. Safety is a fundamental aspect of the role and is part of everyone’s responsibility
- Excellent communication skills, including leading effective tie-in meetings, training and conveying proper skills and techniques to other crew members and effective reinforcement of appropriate work/quality standards with crew members on topics such as safety, quality and housekeeping.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical instrumentation, and control system hardware and software to support plant production.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a minimum of five years satisfactory experience in industrial-type electrical maintenance work or equivalent amount of technical schooling and experience.
- Must achieve acceptable scores on Validated Assessment administered by local technical school.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills (communications, teamwork, problem solving, decision making)
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics.
- Must have experience with 24 VDC through 480 VAC power and control systems.
- Must be able to safely use test equipment for troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with 4-20 ma instrument circuits.
- Must be able to bend and hang conduit satisfactorily for minor jobs.
- Must have programming and troubleshooting knowledge of Allen Bradley programmable controllers.
- Must have an understanding of packaging equipment including Case Erectors, Fillers, Case Packers, Warehousing equipment, etc.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.