United States, Stamford, CT, Laundry & Home Care
Senior Transportation Planner
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Assist in the development, deployment, and continuous monitoring of a formal carrier relationship management program.
- Plan, tender, and monitor (tracing and tracking) shipments to carriers via TMS, SAP, and FourKites according to department policy/procedure.
- Embrace ownership of assigned lanes and monitor the budget and KPI’s on those lanes.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of key carrier KPI’s and actively work with the carrier base to drive compliance.
- Coordinate and provide shipment information for Customer Service, Deployment, Sales, Production Planners, and Warehouse.
- Cross train on other areas to help cover department resources appropriately as assigned by Manager.
- Continual monitoring of the Transportation Management System (TMS) to ensure all loads have picked up and delivered.
- Assist in the training and development of department personnel.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years previous experience within transportation or logistics industry.
- Advanced knowledge and high proficiency using PC based applications including ERP systems and TMS systems, SAP and Oracle TMS preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Power BI reporting preferred. Excel savvy a must.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.