United States, Scottsdale, AZ, United States, Los Angeles, CA, United States, Denver, CO, United States, Dallas, TX, United States, Houston, TX, United States, San Antonio, TX, Beauty Care
Key Account Manager - Schools & Chains
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The primary role of the Key Account Manager Schools and Chains is to drive new school and chain business by converting and grow the business through creating long-term client relationships with school owners, principles, teachers, chain salon owners, managers, principles, and stylists. The individual in this role must be able to create, drive and manage sales plans for professional schools and chains while meeting or exceeding set goals and objectives within budgets. The Key Account Manager Schools and Chains will work closely with the Director of Sales to accomplish set goals in terms of NCA, KA management and overall sell-in and sell-through for assigned geographic territory.
- Manage top KA schools and chains by increasing quantitative distribution of all product categories/brands.
- Convert new school and chain business through NCA’s and maintaining NCA tracker bi-weekly.
- Manage and leverage trade funds (L 17) to achieve company plans and objectives within budget.
- Work closely with school/chain principles to create and execute unique promotional calendars that drive this specific business.
- Work closely with Regional Education Manager associated with geography to co-create education plan for top schools and chains and, potential NCA’s.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, sales events, trainings, launches, and other important customer events.
- Work closely with school administrators while building craft, product knowledge for teachers and students.
- Work closely with chain salon managers while building craft and product knowledge with stylists.
- Conduct in school/salon selling seminars and OTE product knowledge.
- Advocate, manage and leverage any, and all company support programs for schools and chain salons.
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Licensed cosmetology license preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years, experience in Sales and/or Education within the beauty, personal care, hair care category preferred • Minimum 50% travel between company location and business customers.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Power Point. Ability to analyze data combine with in market understanding to develop and communicate results, ideas, and strategies.
- Financial acumen. Ability to understand, process and drive financials of role.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore,Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talentfor specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not precludethe employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.