United States, Trumbull, CT, Laundry & Home Care
Principal Scientist, Innovation - Unit Dose L&HC Formulation
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Principal Scientist provides company expertise in laundry formulations (unit dose detergent) while identifying and assessing technical problems.
- Supports innovation team by working independently to develop, recommend, and execute functional approaches to support key product initiatives and business strategies.
- Responsible for development of products or technologies which meet product performance, quality and timing requirements.
- Accountable for the development and execution of new methodologies and broad technical testing programs.
- Developing technical models to explain and predict results and demonstrating an ability to plan, perform, analyze, and draw conclusions from complex technical experiments, and openly share expertise and points-of-View, contributing to free debate and discussion.
- Oversees national brands and/or and retail brands portfolio and ensures innovation pipeline is executed in a timely manner.
- Can be a people manager who develops his/her team with excellence, seeks opportunity to grow direct reports, and supports their growth opportunities.
- Education — Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent Science or Engineering related field.
- Experience — Bachelor’s with at least 5-10 years of relevant laboratory and industry experience or advanced degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant laboratory and industry experience.
- Required skills — Strong technical skill, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to utilize good judgment to make timely, practical, and technically sound decisions; with ability to navigate within VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity) environment; Ability to effectively work in fluid environments that demand creativity and agility.
- Certifications and licenses — NA Physical Requirements: Significant amount of time at a bench or a computer station. On rare occasions there is a need to lift up to twenty pounds.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.