United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Safety Health and Environmental Manager
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Analyzes accidents, implements corrective actions
- Assures timely reporting on incidents, accidents
- Reports all SHEQ parameters
- Prepares internal and external audits and assures full compliance w/o deviations
- Trains workforce
- Assures full compliance to all SHEQ rules and procedures within the factory
- Maintains external certification on relevant standards, and assures continuous improvement on the same
- Providing transformational leadership and guidance around SHE improvement planning
- Leading the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (RA) methodology at the site, including department and task risk assessments
- Developing strategies for emerging facility and corporate needs and initiatives, especially those related to risk reduction with asset strategies and process safety ventures
- Design and implement effective SHE programs in alignment with business objectives and maintain compliance with all Henkel, federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Facilitate the development and reinforcement of behaviors and attitudes that contribute to a culture of employee engagement and support the goals of Henkel's SHE programs
- Enhancing the site capabilities in critical hazard program management, including hazardous energy control; fall protection, mobile equipment and pedestrian interactions; powered industrial trucks; work permitting.
- Investigate occupational injuries/incidents using participative root cause analysis techniques and develop appropriate responses to prevent recurrence
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete records and documentation per Corporate and site SHE requirements
- Achieve & maintain full compliance with regulatory and Henkel SHE standards by directly supporting business with policies, procedures, work instructions and training
- Complete and submit all regulatory and Henkel required paperwork including, but not limited to, permits and monthly KPI reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Science or other related discipline; ASP/CSP certification also strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience with SHE management functions in manufacturing, preferably within Consumer Products industry
- Working knowledge of federal and state SHE regulatory requirements, risk management, behavior-based safety
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize multiple activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.