United States, Rocky Hill, CT, Purchasing
Purchasing Category Manager - Adhesives Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Responsible for the procurement of materials under the Rubbers and Plastisols category for Adhesives Technologies – North America
- Develop and execute strategic regional category initiatives, ensuring cost competitiveness and risk mitigation for Adhesives Technologies, in alignment with the Global Category Team.
- Negotiate supplier terms and conditions and contract administration.
- Responsible for stakeholder management, management of category spend, and KPIs (price, savings, payment terms).
- Independently manage processes that include RFPs, tenders, reporting, analysis and e-sourcing.
- Align multinational resources to successfully address and resolve Supply Chain issues.
- Executes Henkel FP tools and processes that include CCDB (cost chase database), Ariba, SAP, SRM and Risk Management tools.
- MBA degree with a minimum of three years of related Purchasing experience or Bachelor’s degree with five years of experience.
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated flexibility to adapt to different situations.
- Market knowledge including supplier base, general industry information and cost drivers.
- Expert knowledge of good Purchasing practices, contract law as it applies to the Procurement process, and Supply Chain Management.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience as a member (represents / lead CT for the region) of a Global Category Team or a Sub-Category Team Leader.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to influence and convince stakeholders to support category objectives/roadmaps.
- Advanced Excel. Power BI experience considered.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore,Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talentfor specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not precludethe employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.