United States, Trumbull, CT, Laundry & Home Care
Senior Scientist - L&HC Formulation
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The role of senior scientist is focused on the development of new products and formulas to meet the needs of consumers and customers. Will focus on and support Henkel’s Aircare portfolio of products.
- The candidate should possess strong communication skills to interface multifunctionally and to translate consumer needs into new commercial products.
- The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of chemistry to help develop and execute novel technical solutions.
- The job will involve practical laboratory work including the planning and execution of laboratory experiments, measurement of product properties, stability, and performance.
- This individual can also be a technical project leader on innovation, cost savings, and raw material qualification projects.
- Responsible for all system maintenance for current and new products, including item setup, ensuring proper safety and regulatory reviews, and data integrity.
- Interact with suppliers, fragrance houses, and manufacturing on product launches.
- Works closely with packaging, process development, safety and regulatory, testing functions, and manufacturing during the development and commercialization of products.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preference in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent Science or Engineering related field.
- 5 or more years of relevant laboratory and industry experience or advanced degree with at least 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong technical skills, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to utilize good judgement to make timely, practical, and technically sound decisions.
- Basic lab skills (pH, viscosity, batching).
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.