United States, Irvine, CA, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Researches and develops ground-breaking technologies
- Develop new technologies and products in support of electronic adhesives business. Identifies opportunities for new technologies, products, or performance improvements
- Leads one or multiple R&D projects critical to business and ensures timely project milestone advancement. Actively makes specialized knowledge available to the organization
- Stays current with technology and market megatrends.
- Acts as responsible for new research, IP, publications, technology roadmap.
- Secures IP position in own area of development
- Design, develop, execute and support on-time commercialization of new adhesive formulations and products.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on research projects for internal teams, management, customers and technical conferences.
- Identifies and engages valuable external partners
- Directly interact and communicate with external customers and respond to customer requests in timely fashion.
- Effectively work in cross functional teams across different time zones with members from product development, project management, application engineering, process engineering, marketing and sales.
- Acts as a consultant for management and steering committees
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes.
- Guide and mentor junior chemists as needed.
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Sciences, Materials Science, or in any other related scientific areas
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in the areas of tape and film adhesives product development for electronic applications, thermoset materials, adhesive formulation, electronic materials, or semiconductor packaging is required.
- Strong leadership, communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proven ability to invent and innovate, and strong ability to design and implement experiments are needed.
- Motivated self-starter with strong initiative and with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in team collaboration
- Individual with proven track record of success such as new technologies and products developed, invention disclosures and patents, and published scientific papers publication in peer reviewed journals
- The ability to work autonomously on multiple projects is needed.
- Physical Requirements Must sit and stand alternately up to as much as 10 hours per day.
- Ability to occasionally / regularly lift 10 to 25 pounds.
- Regularly work in a chemical laboratory environment.
- May require passing additional security screening based on customer
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore,Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talentfor specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not precludethe employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.