United States, Rancho Dominguez, CA, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Perform standard quality control testing on incoming raw materials, semi-finished goods, and finished goods according to specifications
- Calculate and reports test results
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental rules, procedures and regulations
- Record test data into the SAP database
- File and maintain the retain samples; dispose of old retain samples
- Maintain clean working environment including lab benches, retain sample room, ovens and hood
- Complete and control the required quality records and/or documents as directed by the department standard operating procedures
- Assist Quality Engineers with complaint investigations
- Maintain Quality records
- Also including all responsibilities entailing the upkeep of the Quality Department and any assigned projects determined by departmental Manager, Supervisor, and Leads.
- Schedule - Monday through Friday from 4am - 12:30pm
- Minimum Associate Degree in chemistry or equivalent college credit or minimum 3 years technical/lab experience
- Prefer some experience in Quality Control
- Background in materials testing - viscosity testing, melting point testing and general lab testing
- Knowledgeable in the use of laboratory equipment and instruments
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Computer literate – MS Office Physical Requirements
- Frequently sit, view a computer screen, and type on a keyboard for extended periods of times
- Extensive standing
- Occasionally may be required to reach, squat, bend and lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to work in a chemical lab and manufacturing environment
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore,Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talentfor specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not precludethe employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.