United States, Elgin, IL, Adhesive Technologies
Safety Health & Environmental Specialist
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Maintains current knowledge of and implementation of applicable regulatory and corporate environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Performs internal audits (i.e. JSAs, ISO, Procedure Audits, Ergonomic Assessments, etc.) to ensure compliance to Management Systems, SHE standards and regulations.
- Provides necessary reporting to SH&E and Site Manager regarding the site’s environmental, health, and safety compliance and recommends necessary improvements.
- Leader of the site’s Safety Committee, gap assessments, implementation of corporate standards and initiation of SHE activities to build engagement.
- Assist with 3rd party audits, customer SHE audits, etc.
- Develop training plans, coordinate third party experts and provide in-person training for site personnel as required in SHE policies, systems and practices.
- Performs daily / routine site inspections; audits and assessments.
- Interfaces with internal and external suppliers regarding safety related items and assists in the purchasing of related items for operations group, where applicable.
- Support site PSM, Title V, RMP and general regulatory compliance through participation in initiatives, ownership of obligations and reporting related to the respective regulations.
- Recommend and implements safeguards in the form of engineering controls, PPE, administrative controls etc. to protect against the occurrence of incidents.
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering or other related field strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in safety and health related functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with OSHA PSM, EPA RMP or Title V strongly preferred.
- Experience with ISO/OHSAS management systems preferred.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.