United States, Oak Creek, WI, Adhesive Technologies
Process Engineer-sign on bonus $2500
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
This position offers relocation assistance, sign on bonus of $2500, Benefits on Day one and 120 vacation hours plus many more perks.
- Executes engineering processes ensuring that quality products are delivered on-time at competitive cost
- Liaises with other stakeholders in order to provide professional support and advice
- Strives for improvements and efficiencies in Engineering area
- Monitors KPIs for engineering processes
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of technical development and trends in the field of expertise
- Identifies, prioritizes, and executes projects in support of critical product and process issues required to maintain or increase profitable sales growth, with appropriate management and customer input.
- Works on how to improve manufacturing operations, reduce scrap, improve efficiencies, and reduce cycle times.
- Implements process control improvements to reduce product variability.
- Supports new product development activities and teams, generating new products and processes that are fully capable of meeting all customer and internal requirements.
- Identifies present and future capital needs to support new products and processes, improve process capability and reliability, reduce direct and indirect labor, reduce cycle time, improve product quality, and improve health, safety, and environmental elements.
- Provides operator feedback and training on products, processes, and systems.
- Supports root cause analysis and corrective action in a timely manner.
- Generate and modify Bills of Material (BOMs), Routings, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
- Manufacturing Instructions (MIs), Packaging Instructions (PIs) and related documentation to support production and packaging of Henkel AT products.
- Interact with and coordinate outside resources, including: contractors, equipment vendors and materials vendors as appropriate to support projects.
- Provides technical assistance and interface function on problems relating to maintenance and operation of equipment and facilities.
- Provides quick resolution to manufacturing shop floor problems and non-routine activities.
- Support the NCMR process by administering the NCMR database, investigate and disposition NCMR’s.
- B.S. in Engineering required, Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 1-2 years of chemical or manufacturing experience, batch making preferred.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers as well as other departments onsite and offsite as needed.
- Be able to communicate with technical or non-technical personnel as required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as automation programming, trend charts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge set includes the ability to draft clear instructional documents for plant operations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use formulas in spreadsheets and statistical software to solve technical issues
- Ability to take various forms of data to resolve production issues.
- Ability to use technical tools to control, analyze, and improve processes.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- SAP skills a plus
- Following all safety rules is a must.
- Communicating with direct supervisor and/or safety coordinator/team regarding potential injury exposures or ideas for reducing injury exposures.
- Understanding that they have a responsibility to act safely.
- Report injuries immediately in order to prevent them from becoming more severe.
- Understand how and when to use personal protective equipment and follow use guidelines
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.