United States, St. Louis, MO, Laundry & Home Care
Quality Laboratory Technician
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The laboratory technician will perform lab test/analysis of raw materials, finished goods, and semi-finished batches. Calculates batch corrections for various formulas and resolves immediate quality related issues that may impact production. In addition, they will work to maintain QIB and RFT indices. Safety is everyone's responsibility. Three positions available: one on Day (8 AM-4 PM) and two on Swing (4 PM – 12 AM). Any position may provide coverage for vacation, sick, etc. for the other shifts including GraveYard (12 midnight – 8 AM). The role may include scheduled weekends to meet production needs. Overtime up to 60 total hours/week is possible. This is a union position.
What we offer
- Analytical testing and micro testing on raw materials, in-process materials, packaging components and finished products, as well as conducting analyses on effluent water, lab test/analysis of batches, and calculating batch corrections for product for any department.
- Creates computer data base spread sheets, graphs, SPC charts/reports, data input.
- Calibrating laboratory instrumentation, and scheduling recalibration.
- Must possess a bachelors degree in chemistry or related field.
- Must have experience on and be proficient with personal computers
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral communications
- Must be able to wear a respirator and other PPE as required, lift 40 lbs., and stand or walk 100% of shift.
- Must be able to make arithmetic calculations.
- Must have correctable vision and be able to discern color.
- Must be able to grip lab glassware and shake vigorously.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.