China, Shanghai, Finance
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Perform the GL accounting activities especially month-end closing timely and accurately in accordance with CSA, IFRS and PRC GAAP.
- Coordinate internal/external audit and tax filing for assigned entities.
- Review financial statements to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Provide value-added insights and service to stakeholders.
YOUR ROLE AND INDIVIDUALLY TASKS (TIME IN %)
- Perform and process the general ledger adjustments, accruals, GAAP adjustment, and month-end closing etc. to ensure compliance with PRC accounting standards and IFRS (25%)
- Prepare and review management report (20%)
- Coordinate internal/external audit and tax filing for assigned entities (15%)
- Provide responses/explanation, clarifications and professional suggestions to business & functions on accounting policies and transactions (15%)
- Identify control deficiency, provide suggestions and find continuous improvement points via review financial statements and fulfillment of daily accounting activities (15%)
- Fulfil projects and other works assigned by supervisor (10%)
- Work closely with share service center to ensure high-quality accounting activities and a smooth month-end closing.
- Bachelor or above on Accounting, Finance or Business related
- Solid knowledge on accounting principle especial IFRS and PRC GAAP. Professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA or similar is preferred
- 5-6 years working experience in similar position in MNC. Big 4 plus inhouse experience is preferred and purely big 4 is also acceptable.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, knowledge of Power BI or VBA would be a plus.
- Fluent oral and written English.
- Highly self-motivated and initiative. Mindset of continuous improvement.
- Leadership: able to lead assigned projects and results oriented.
- Communication: able to clearly communicate with stakeholders and other relevant functions.
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Timely and full training regarding updated accounting knowledge
- Opportunities to rotate to positions such as FP&A and AO
- Award to continuous study, such as allowance for pass of ACCA exams