United States, Stamford, CT, Purchasing
Purchasing Intern - Spring 2022 (Remote)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Assist in global sourcing and procurement of materials, to provide uninterrupted supply with best cost, optimal quality, and desired lead time
- Assist in market survey and bench marking exercise to explore new suppliers and technologies
- Opportunity to co-develop category strategy including implementation and delivery
- Support supplier's consolidation and compliance strategy
- Capable of performing work remotely
- Ambitious undergraduate or graduate level Business, Engineering or Supply Chain student 3.2 GPA or higher
- Good analytical, presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations, requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Knowledge in contract administration, contract negotiation and procurement management is a plus
- Ability to work with data, analyze data and run reports
- Availability period for the internship preferably those who can commit 3-6 months
- The salary range for this role is $43,860 to $62,400. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.