United States, Bay Point, CA, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Executes the operational plan of an engineering task based on engineering designs and work specifications
- Works closely with external contractors and ensures the quality of delivered services and products
- Sets up or adjusts complex equipment according to manufacturing specifications Identifies and implements opportunities of process optimization
- Provide support for emergency or unplanned repairs of production equipment and auxiliary systems.
- Troubleshoot basic to complex mechanical and electrical issues. Must show ability to get to the root cause and make and implement recommendations to improve reliability.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on production and support equipment and make recommendations for improvement.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and schematic prints (electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical) to perform required maintenance and service.
- Record and submit accurate work order data and parts usage using the CMMS system.
- May assist or support site engineers and contractors on major installation or retrofit projects.
- Follow Electrical Safe Work Practices as outlined by NFPA 70E.
- Familiar with industrial electrical control circuits and calibration techniques.
- Familiar with industrial steam, compressed air, and hydraulic systems.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- High School graduate.
- Two years of technical school training in Industrial Maintenance, Machine Repair, or other similar skilled trades is desired along with 3 or more years of verifiable work experience in a related field.
- Ability to safely perform physical job duties which may include bending, kneeling, climbing, crawling, twisting, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator.
- Experience and hands-on familiarity with typical industrial shop tools, pumps, motors, drives, overhead cranes, forklifts, LOTO safety procedures and proper use of PPE.
- Experience with predictive maintenance technology and tools such as ultrasound, thermography, and/or vibration monitoring id highly desired.
- Experience in a regulated industry such as aerospace, food, or pharmaceuticals is desired.
- Full command of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic math skills are required (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, etc.).
- Basic computer skills in the following are required: MS Word, MS Excel, and Email.
- Available to work a rotating shift including weekends as needed.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.