United States, Salt Lake City, UT, Laundry & Home Care
Process Engineer- Packaging
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Interface with Plant Operations, North American Engineering, Global Engineering on the selection and installation of packaging equipment that meets all Henkel established standards to maximizes production efficiencies and deliver product as expected.
- Ensures equipment is able to produce product to meet established quality criteria for packaging components for both in-house and out sourced packaging.
- Assists to qualify vendors supplying packaging components.
- Partners to develop production quality standards and verifications.
- In addition, partners to ensure equipment and process meets safety standards.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of each packaging line’s capabilities, OEE, run rates and format ability.
- Partners with manufacturing to resolve problems related to packaging equipment and processes.
- Identifies and implements improvement opportunities to improve efficiency and drive cost savings.
- Interface with multiple departments in the development and launch of new finished goods items.
- Maintain working knowledge of current with advances in the packaging industry.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other industry professionals.
- B.S. degree in Industrial/Packaging or Mechanical Engineering required or equivalent work experience.
- 6-8 years relevant experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) preferred
- Experience working with packaging equipment, function and operation in a CPG manufacturing environments highly desired.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with associates and vendors from diverse backgrounds.
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Strong problem solving skill set.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.