United States, Cleveland, OH, United States, Pittsburgh, PA, Adhesive Technologies
Technical Service Engineer
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Technical Service Engineer will work remote will manage process optimization projects in support of customer metal pre-treatment processes for an assigned territory in OH, PA, NY and RI.
- Will assist sales conduct customer line audits assisting with development of value add and value proposition calculations to maintain existing business and close new business.
- Provide technical support for the launch of new products/new lines/process, including line trials and process startups.
- Will be responsible for ensuring all process manuals, service reports and customer trainings offered to assigned customers follow Henkel best practices.
- Researches, collects and reports information on the selection of surface treatment products, for existing core business customer projects and new business opportunities.
- Aids in the design and development of equipment, systems and redesign to existing equipment to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Will work as a technical liaison with customers, sales, marketing, manufacturing and R&D and identify new product development opportunities.
- Travel required up to 60% depending on business needs.
- B.S. Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or other Technical degree is required.
- Previous engineering-focused industrial or internship experience in manufacturing environment is required.
- Ability lead and conduct technical training sessions.
- Project management and laboratory skills are important.
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to accommodate overnight travel 60% of time.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.