Senior Formulating Chemist
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Cross-discipline Innovation focused on complex challenges in 3D Printing chemistry, equipment, and processing
- Formulate novel chemical compositions for use in 3D Printing and other Adhesive Technologies
- Share data, raw materials, and formulation techniques aggressively and openly to assist all Innovators in expanding knowledge
- Lead and collaborate on novel technology patents
- Learn and leverage data science techniques to collect clean, normalized data and to make data driven decisions
- Aggressive networking through chemical manufacturers and other vendors to source uncommon chemistries
- Network and collaborate deeply throughout Henkel PD groups to understand new formulation concepts
- Leverage Albert Platform to have rapid iteration of ideas and data collection
- Task creation, management, and analysis
- Create new SOPs that can be leveraged by the global team to collect clean & normalized data
- Manage individual, complex, (cross-regional) innovation projects
- Manage, lead and motivate cross-functional project teams
- Effectively function within a team environment or work as an individual contributor and is responsible for his/her level of authority for ensuring compliance with all approved policies, procedures, and practices.
- Understand global regulatory requirements of projects. Consider SNUR, Global Registration and other potential hurdles during formulation to meet the project and customer needs
- Assist in the management of the laboratories
- Aggressively implement the business plan
- Formulation development
- Analytical Equipment: Dynamic Mechanical Analysis, Thermo-Mechanical Analysis, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Mechanical Property Testing, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, Mass Spectroscopy, Rheology, Physical Property Testing
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in STEM fields. Preferably: Chemistry, Materials Science & Engineering, Polymers Science, or related discipline
- 2-3+ years experience
- Experience formulating and/or utilizing UV/EB photopolymerization or other thermoset polymer development (required)
- 3D Printing (preferred)
- Additive Manufacturing (DLP, SLA, alternative Photopolymer techniques)
- Basic software literacy: Microsoft Office (required), 3D Modeling (preferred), 3D Printers (preferred)
- Working in a laboratory environment and handling hazardous chemicals
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.