United States, Warren -HU, MI, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Manages all operations at factory level to ensure efficient production and high quality products
- Delivers against plant performance KPIs, budget and projects
- Sets up and executes development plans for plant personnel
- Ensures operations processes and solutions are implemented according to global procedures and local regulations
- Troubleshooting and problem solving where and when a problem may arise.
- Transitions shifts and resolves production concerns by coordinating closely with other supervisors and managers at the facility.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Review and revise production schedules to ensure materials are on-hand, and work instructions are correct.
- Gather the planned and actual numbers for production daily and report it on the daily report of operations (DRO).
- Maintain and track OEE, Schedule Attainment, and opportunities for improvement to improve these metrics.
- Drive plant initiatives to improve key performance indicators such as safety, cost reduction, environmental impact, quality, visual management, 5S, and SAP.
- Directs all related personnel actions, including final selection, training, performance appraisal, discipline, and safety issues.
- Work with other supervisors to ensure that all company rules, procedures, and policies, are being followed.
- Directs special projects specific to safety, costs, LEAN, employee training, and problem solving as required.
- Assist in maintaining positive employee relations
- Assist in setting and achieving and or maintaining goals for inventory accuracy, amount on hand, scrap reduction, production, quality, quality concerns, and mixing efficiency.
- Work additional hours as necessary to cover vacations, OA, and STD of other supervisors within the department, including weekends when scheduled.
- Rotate shifts per schedule as determined by department manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, chemical experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task, organize/prioritize and handle competing deadlines
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.