United States, Trumbull, CT, Laundry & Home Care
Director Packaging Innovation
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Director, Packaging Innovation has responsibility for the development and commercialization of new packaging and the integration of novel and innovative packaging technologies into new product offerings.
- The individual leads both a team of engineers as well as strategic projects and will serve as a primary point of contact for the Marketing lead Innovation Team.
- Architect and deliver the North American packaging sustainability strategy with pragmatic and innovative solutions that can manage costs and deliver growth.
- Deliver omni-channel and e-commerce specific solutions to continue momentum in this important channel.
- Leading a group within the R&D Packaging Development Team, including the management of staff, goal setting, providing vision for the competency.
- Create and manage development budgets for the team.
- Build bridges between the Packaging Development Team, the balance of the R&D organization, and cross-functional partners.
- Manage workload of the team and provide needed direction to deliver against assigned projects to assure required deadlines are met.
- Maintaining knowledge of the developments and trends in packaging & sustainability for possible applications with the company’s present and future products.
- BS in Package Engineering or related Engineering Field, 10+ years related professional experience, including people management experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and still meet critical milestones and ability to present conclusions and recommendations to management team.
- Technical and theoretical knowledge of packaging materials and processes.
- Position requires approximately 25% travel.
The salary range for this role is $149,435 to $216,629. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also me modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.