United States, Trumbull, CT, Laundry & Home Care
R&D Future Talent Program
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
R&D Future Talent Program
This program is your chance to become a future innovation leader within a 24 month interdisciplinary and international learning journey.Deep diving into the four focus areas of raw materials, formula, process engineering and packaging, you will gain in-depth knowledge on how to shape the future of our leading Laundry & Home care brands. We are targeting a May 2022 start date for this program.
Henkel is looking for candidates who are:
- Passionate about creating groundbreaking innovative products
- A strong team player with the ambition to lead their own projects
- Ready to take on real challenges and grow personally and professionally
- Aiming for sustainable solutions that improve Henkel’s ecological footprint
- Contribute to Henkel’s international R&D team which is responsible for the development and implementation of global product innovation.
- Rotate through three positions in two locations within Henkel’s global R&D organization.Home base will be Laundry & Home care R&D in Trumbull, CT; after 1 year, you will rotate to global headquarters in Dusseldorf, Germany.
- Collaborate with a vast network of innovation experts from around the world.
- Consumer Driven Mindset.Learn to understand and make use of consumer feedback to create valuable consumer-centric products.
- Mentorship assistance will be provided as you take on responsibility for challenging tasks and grow both professionally and personally.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of marketplace, products, and trends, and participates in the development of future competitive strategies.
- Work in a laboratory setting to conduct chemical experiments.
- Utilize the understanding of chemical structure/function relationships pertaining to material performance delivered from a formulation matrix.
- Utilize design of experiments approach for the creation of prototype products according to a strategic plan.
- Reviews data, provides preliminary interpretation and draws conclusions and proposes next steps and strategies of development efforts. Reports progress/issues on a timely basis.
- Education:Recent or upcoming graduate in chemistry or chemical engineering, M.S. or Ph.D.
- Strong technical skills, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to utilize good judgment to make timely, practical and technically sound decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in environments that demand creativity and agility.
- The salary range for this role is $72,600 to $105,200. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also me modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.