United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Product Development Chemist (Can Sealants)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Product Development Chemist is responsible for the development of solvent-based, water-based sealants used in the food packaging industry.
- Develop new products for specific existing and emerging market, and customer needs.
- Leader of development projects and project team; using stage-gate style process you will independently plan experimental design, conduct and organize lab work and testing.
- Present effectively and work across internal functions of sales, marketing, regulatory, and manufacturing to bring newly developed products and solutions from prototype to commercialization.
- Establish good relationships and communicate effectively across internal functions and with external customers.
- Understand pertinent patent and scientific literature within relevant technical areas; utilize internal and external knowledge management tools for new patents or technology search.
- Develop capabilities in analyzing and understanding the implications of prior art and competitive technology.
- Understand important regulatory requirements (food contact) affecting existing technology and markets.
- Travel to internal and customer locations for technical support, product introduction, line trials as required (approximately 10%).
- BS or higher in Chemistry, Material Science or related is required.
- 3+ years of product development experience in polymer chemistry, rubber dispersion chemistry, or related is required.
- Background in materials science, mechanical property testing, or rheology is preferred.
- Food packaging industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, team oriented, organized, hands on, resourceful.
- Willing to travel domestically/international.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.