United States, Irvine, CA, United States, San Francisco, CA, United States, Rocky Hill, CT, United States, Miami, FL, United States, Madison Heights, MI, United States, New York, NY, United States, Charlotte, NC, United States, Austin, TX, Adhesive Technologies
Citizen Data Scientist - Remote
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Enable the North American regional supply chain organization to make more informed data-based decisions to improve process performance and efficiency.
- This is accomplished by exploratory data analysis, data visualization, and supporting process experts with putting data insights into improvement action.
- Driving force behind any analytical initiative, ranging from optimization to statistical analytics.
- Citizen data scientist must be knowledgeable in business analytics and capable to solve moderate data science problems.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and people skills required to allow effective upskilling of the regional community’s analytical capabilities.
- Provide advice on use of most suitable BI systems and tools across departments and projects
- Act as link between regional process domain experts, global data and analytics experts
- Provide training for systems, tools, and methodologies
- Translates regional business requirements from concepts
- Assess existing data and analytics capabilities in the region
- Provide proposals for improving regional data and analytics capabilities
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- Collaborates with global and regional counterparts on an integral enablement program
- Bachelor’s Degree with preferred education in one of the following subjects: Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Engineering, Supply chain Engineering, Logistics Engineering
- Proven experience in data analytics within supply chain environment (> 5 yrs.)
- Basic programming skills (E.g. Python, SQL)
- Data modelling skills (E.g. Power BI)
- Capabilities to process big data *Solid knowledge of SAP
- Analytical and statistical capabilities to track weaknesses and inefficiencies
- Experience in network management and help desk support is appreciated
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities
- Highly self-motivated requiring minimal supervision
- Positive attitude and desire to work towards beneficial solutions
- Available 5-10% for domestic travel
- The salary range for this role is $72,600 to $105,200. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.