United States, Chanhassen, MN, Adhesive Technologies
Product Development Scientist
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Lead R&D for new thermal interface materials used widely in electronics including fast growth sectors like 5G Telecom, electric vehicles, and autonomous driving systems. Based in the Henkel Center of Excellence for Thermal Materials R&D, this is an opportunity for applied material research in a fast growing technology. Leverage particle science, innovative filler, resin, and composites experience to create valuable products you drive from idea to scale-up.
- Proactively develops new thermally conductive materials and leads projects that generate a competitive edge in the electronics industry.
- Technical expert in polymer chemistries, polymer network physics, highly filled suspension rheology, and/or resin cure chemistry.
- Manages technical aspects of project within stage gate system in conjunction with professional project manager.
- Translates customer and market feedback into technical specifications and develops product formulations and applicable data packages for specific customers and general market
- Reads and interprets patents, examines new product concepts and technology, and determines how to improve or utilize technology.
- Generates intellectual property in the form of patents, trade secrets, and formulation know how
- Education : Ph.D in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, or related fields, with a minimum of 3 years work experience in product development, or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, or related fields and a minimum of 5 years in product development, or B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry Materials Science, or related fields with a minimum of 10 years of product development related experience. Experience
- Deep understanding of heat transfer materials and thermal interface products. Broad based knowledge of polymer science, including polymer chemistry, structure property relationships, rheology, bulk and adhesive mechanics of soft materials.
- An understanding of the requirements of applications and assemblies in the electronics industry.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.