United States, Rocky Hill, CT, Law & Chief Compliance Office
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
This Corporate Counsel position is an ideal opportunity for a motivated attorney: 1) currently at a law firm, but hoping to make the transition to an in-house role, or 2) currently in a specialized in-house counsel position, but seeking to expand the breadth of their experience. The role will be based at Henkel’s Rocky Hill, CT facility and offers the successful candidate a unique and exciting set of experiences.
- Global Organization: It allows a Connecticut based attorney to work in an organization with employees from 125 nations and with locations around the world.
- Multiple Industries: It offers experience working with both a sophisticated industrial business in the area of adhesive technologies and a large consumer products business in the areas of laundry, home care, and beauty care.
- Dual Function: This opportunity will have a substantial corporate law and business attorney focus, but it will also encompass litigation management and support components.. A successful candidate must have a firm foundation in corporate law, but they will also have the opportunity to learn other areas of the law through on the job training.
- Provides legal counseling for corporate legal matters in the areas of commercial transactions, tax, treasury, and other general corporate law areas
- Reviews and negotiates supply and purchase contracts for a variety of goods and services
- Manages corporate governance issues for a large corporate structure, including creation and dissolution of legal entities, board and shareholder resolutions, and related legal filings in the US and abroad
- Manages small to medium exposure litigation matters or discreet parts of larger exposure cases, especially in the area of commercial litigation
- May act as liaison with outside legal firms and other professional vendors
- Works collaboratively with other attorneys, paralegals, and administrative assistants as part of a professional and supportive in-house legal department
- Works effectively with representatives from various departments on developing and modifying practices and procedures to conform with legal requirements
- JD or equivalent from accredited US law school; a current state bar license to practice law in Connecticut or another state, with the ability to obtain a CT authorized house counsel license
- 3-7 years’ experience in the corporate or business law department of an outside law firm, an in-house law department, or both
- Significant expertise in a majority of the following areas: corporate governance; company functions of tax, treasury, and purchasing; contract review and negotiation; and some experience in litigation and supply chain
- Strong analytical, communication, and client counseling skills
- Talent for proactively spotting issues and providing practical solutions
- High level ability to prioritize and effectively work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- An optimistic approach, with a focus on excellence, and the ability to work as part of a team with colleagues from diverse cultures
- Capacity to travel domestically as required (up to 10%)
- The salary range for this role is $130,00 to $160.000. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.