United States, Seabrook, NH, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of various mixing/manufacturing operations with a goal of improving quality, increasing capacity, and reducing costs.
- Work with corporate engineering and PD on new product scale ups to high volume manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot the problems with the product/process using advanced statistical tools like six sigma/A3.
- Design and implement the product and process changes through MOC and change control systems.
- Lead the projects to improve productivity and cost reduction while maintaining the safety.
- Lead problem solving activities to troubleshoot and resolve the customer complaints, internal product/process failures, equipment malfunctions and other plant support issues.
- Design and perform experiments to optimize the existing and new processes.
- Evaluate equipment capacities and propose solutions to improve productivity.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to meet and exceed plant KPIs.
- Review and implement corporate engineering standards for equipment's and processes.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in, or purchase of new process equipment.
- Lead efforts to clarify manufacturing instructions to ensure consistency in process and quality.
- Prepare, modify standard operating procedures for equipment operation & processes.
- Prepare capital expenditure requests as required for equipment repairs or replacement.
- Manage activities of capital projects from purchasing to implementation and production startup.
- Train production operations and maintenance mechanics for set-up, operation, and maintenance.
- Perform and participate in risk assessments like PHA, JSA, and PSSR to ensure the safety of process and equipment operation.
- Works with SHE/Q group to ensure all process equipment is equipped with appropriate safety devices and production operators are trained in the safe operation of manufacturing process equipment.
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred (other engineering majors with chemical manufacturing experience can be considered).
- 3 -5 years of engineering experience in Project Management, Process Engineering, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering in chemical processing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of process safety and chemical processes design in a continuous batch operation
- Mixing, reactions, filtration and filling processes experience.
- Six Sigma Green belt & Lean manufacturing certification; Black belt preferred.
- Leadership training and/or experience leading projects and small groups of professionals.
- Well versed in Manufacturing Processes, NEC code, NFPA standards, PSM, process controls.
- Well versed with FMEA, Control plan, and PPAP.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (oral and written)
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.