United States, Mentor, OH, Adhesive Technologies
Safety, Health, and Environmental Co-Op, June 2022 to December 2022
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- We are excited you are taking the first step to craft your career at Henkel.
- As a co-op, you will play an integral part of the team, while gaining career-building experience and making an impact at a leading global organization.
- This position contributes to the success of Henkel by ensuring regulatory compliance and implementing risk or prevention-focused SHE initiatives and best practices at the Mentor, OH site.
- As a co-op, you will gain experience at the facility level in a fast-paced adhesives manufacturing facility.
- As a Safety, Health and Environmental Co-Op, you will Apply your knowledge to create safety, health, and environmental protection programs supporting Henkel’s safety and sustainability goals.
- Become a part of our team by participating in or leading the site’s safety/sustainability committees, coordinating site risk assessments, and training site personnel.
- Collaborate with colleagues to execute the site’s safety, health, and environmental compliance calendar ensuring on-time completion of programs, training, emergency drills, and various other activities.
- Complete projects involving the development and implementation of SHE procedures, work instructions and associated recordkeeping.
- Conduct new hire orientation and other trainings to engage our workforce in these processes.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the investigation of incidents, including root cause analyses, assisting in the development of corrective actions and documentation of resulting continuous improvement activities.
- Expand your skills in environmental management, process safety management, culture-based safety, and job hazard assessments.
- Currently enrolled in bachelor’s or master’s degree program in a Safety, Heath, and Environmental/Sustainability Management program or related discipline OR have completed your studies no more than 6 months prior to the start of the co-op, with a GPA of 3.2
- Be at least 18 years old at the time you begin the internship, and be at a college junior level or higher
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on or off-campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on or off-campus; either through employment or academic clubs)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Strong chemical background is preferred
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.