China, Shanghai-Zhangjiang, Adhesive Technologies
Application Engineer for EW
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Henkel Adhesive Technologies is the leading solution provider for adhesives, sealants and functional coatings worldwide, with more than 26,000 employees and €9 billion in sales. Through our Engineered Wood business, we drive a transformation in the construction industry where sustainable buildings from engineered wood replace traditional materials such as concrete and steel. Henkel’s high-tech adhesives are crucial for the production of safe and sustainable engineered wood, and thus helping a significant reduction in the buildings’ carbon footprint. The application engineer strengthens our global team of technical customer service (TCS) to further drive business growth in Engineered Wood Adhesives.
- Technical support for customers
- Audits and technical trainings at customers
- Optimize and develop applications
- Identify technical trends and needs of our customers, share your experiences and findings with our TCS, PD and sales team.
- Lab work or with factories/research institutes to prepare samples, run tests, evaluate adhesive performance acc. to related standards
Accountabilities (Time in %)
- Technical support/ training etc. 60%
- Lab work, trials, maintenance 20%
- Documents, summary, report 10%
- applications optimizing and developing 10%
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of wood- or process- engineering, or chemical engineering
- Driving license,
- CET – 4or 6 is a plus, medium-grade professional title is a plus
Skills and Experience Desired
- +5 years professional experience, preferably in the wood working industry
- Experience in a business driven by a complex regulatory environment (certification, standards)
- Integrative personality with motivation, conscientiousness, detective curiosity and good communication skills
- Knowledge in adhesives and/or application process is an asset
- Fluent in English and Chinese
What the Role Can Offer You
- Flexible Working conditions (smart work, incl. Home-office)
- A well-established global team to support you
- Development, training and professional growth opportunities on-the-job in an international environment