United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Chemical Operator - 12 hours rotating
Excellent benefits including competitive hourly rates with bonus potential, paid vacation, holidays, 401k matching, and medical insurance that starts on day 1!
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Operates machines and production equipment safely in accordance with instructions.
- Sets up or adjusts equipment according to manufacturing specifications.
- Monitors the quality of output to identify or discard re-manufacture faulty products.
- Maintains accurate daily production records so that manufacturing performance can be analyzed
- Operate process equipment to make products in the department with minimal supervision, to include rate of addition, application of heat/cooling, application of vacuum, adjustment of agitation intensity where applicable, and rate of reflux and distillation.
- Must follow written instructions and notify management if written instructions could be improved (ie: safety, efficiency or quality)
- Maintain data logs which include time, weights, temperatures, and pressure. Must be legible and timely
- Troubleshoot processes and equipment to identify potential problems
- Follow all SHE requirements implemented by Henkel as well as state and federal mandates that apply to our product and raw material inventory
- Cross-train on all manufacturing equipment
- Provide operator training to other plant employees as appropriate.
- Provide emergency services and general direction to other employees in the event of a plant emergency
- Computer proficiency (Lotus Notes, Excel, internet, windows, SAP)
- Complete compliance with all site safety procedures and equipment operating instructions
- Participate in 5S and sustain clean work area to reduce any chance of employee injury
- Must possess knowledge of safe handling practices with raw materials and finished goods to include the safety characteristics (SDS)
- Chemical handling experience preferred or minimum of 2 years related manufacturing experience
- Prefer knowledge in LEAN manufacturing principles or work environment
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude preferred
- Work with others in a respectful manner and as a member of the team, to achieve all goals set forth in the department
- Must be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong commitment to safety systems and OSHA required standards
- Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other shifts on occasion
- Lift up to 50 lbs, and up to 25lbs on a frequent basis during a shift.
- Climb and descend stairs several times per day in work area.
- Stand continuously and walk frequently during the shift
- Work in non-climate controlled work area