United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Operations Technician I, 3rd Shift
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Operates machines and production equipment safely in accordance with instructions
- Sets up or adjusts equipment according to manufacturing specifications
- Monitors the quality of output to identify or discard re-manufacture faulty products
- Maintains accurate daily production records so that manufacturing performance can be analyzed
- Work in a Safe and Responsible manner with all areas and functions.
- Report any unsafe conditions.
- Submit Near Misses on potential unsafe conditions/behaviors.
- Have open communication with Supervisors and Mechanics to ensure priorities are set and followed.
- Help improve the communication between Compounding & Production through ideas and suggestions.
- Prepare, change, and sanitize compounding equipment including hose, pumps, homogenizers, tanks, and portable vessels.
Set-Up filter and homogenize transfers.
- Sample initial and end samples to the QA lab to ensure batch quality.
- Replaces filters and other maintenance activities to ensure batch quality.
- Perform line cleaning, sanitizations and hook ups including assembling materials to be used.
- Resample and transfer batches as necessary.
- Calculate batch yield, complete warehouse transactions to create license plates and locate bulk material.
- Perform Level 2 Cleanings of tanks and pumps.
- Offload Bulk Tankers as required by shift and need.
- Correctly label and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Maintain and clean work area including floors, walls, and paint as required.
- Complete standard work documentation to ensure the compliance to departmental standards.
- Ensure top priority batches are being worked on as they become available, while working on other batches as they continue to monitor the top priority batch statuses.
- Perform at a consistently high level while maintaining cGMP standards.
- Suggest Ideas and Improvements to Supervisor improve Safe, Flow, support 5S and Efficiencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Must be lift truck certified.
- The position is in the factory and could involve standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally this position may require the lifting and/or moving of more than 55 pounds.
- All lifting must comply with OSHA standards
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.