United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Electrical Controls Technician, 2nd Shift
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
Henkel’s leading brands, businesses and functions, paired with our diverse and supportive culture, set you up for success from the start and give you room to grow professionally and personally. As a part of our team, you can pursue your career goals, learn new skills and get the recognition you deserve, while also contributing to a more sustainable future.
- Competitive hourly rate and shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance start on day 1
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee discount and referral programs
- 401k matching
As a Controls Technician, you will:
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain all packaging controls and support PLC equipment to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Conduct line changeovers and makes necessary set-up and adjustments as required by the production schedule
- Must be capable to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, megaohmeters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Assist Engineering on equipment installations
- Mentor and train team members in performance adjustments, automation, troubleshooting and maintenance tasks
- Requires an Associate degree or 2+ plus years equivalent controls or manufacturing experience and/or military technical training
- Training and or experience in electrical and electronic fault isolation to include PLC troubleshooting and minor programming
- Knowledge of control of manufacturing processes, such as assembly, robotic devices
- Previous experience in automation brands, tools and manufacturers of production controls including Allen-Bradley & Rockwell Automation, Siemens, ABB, Idec, Scheneider Electric, etc.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Initiative/motivation and communication skill required
- The position is in the factory and could involve standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 46 pounds
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.