United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Silk Screen Press Operator, 1st Shift
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
Henkel’s leading brands, businesses and functions, paired with our diverse and supportive culture, set you up for success from the start and give you room to grow professionally and personally. As a part of our team, you can pursue your career goals, learn new skills and get the recognition you deserve, while also contributing to a more sustainable future.
- Competitive hourly rate and shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance start on day 1
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee discount and referral programs
- 401k matching
- Operates machines and production equipment safely in accordance with instructions
- Sets up or adjusts equipment according to manufacturing specifications
- Monitors the quality of output to identify or discard re-manufacture faulty products
- Maintains accurate daily production records so that manufacturing performance can be analyzed
- Review shop orders for correct screens, inks and bottle number; review material requirements to ensure the delivery of required materials in correct quantities
- Visually check bottles for print and bottle quality to prevent substandard products or products out of specification, check other quality attributes throughout the run
- Conduct minor adjustments to machines, ie. repair holes in screens
- Check machine critical operations while running, ie. Flamer, pick and place, ink, etc.
- Complete daily production charts
- Assist in weighing boxes, and sorting bottles
- Train new production technicians
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED or a minimum of 6 months relevant experience
- Manufacturing background with printing, press operator or silk-screening experience (preferred)
- Strong math skills, mechanical aptitude and attention to detail required
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing Methodology with 5S principles (preferred)
- The position is in the factory and could involve standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day and the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and must be able to reach, lift, bend and stoop without restrictions
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.